Get Your Business Unstuck by Learning the Inner Game of EntrepreneurshipTuesday, April 9th, 2019
You have certain skills, talents, abilities, and energies that you have used to get your business to where it is today. Then you found yourself stuck.
You found your business stuck.
You implemented what you knew how to do, you got some results, then you plateaued out. You hit the limit of what you knew to do.
This is normal.
What got you here, won't get you there.
Now you need to know what to do to get unstuck. You need to know how to get your business growing again. To do this, you need to get good at the Inner Game of Entrepreneurship.
The inner game is the mental game.
The mental game makes up most of the challenges of entrepreneurship. This is the secret that every successful entrepreneur and thriving business owner knows.
Understanding the Inner Game of Entrepreneurship
The inner game is about personal growth. If you want to grow your business, then you have to grow yourself.
In fact, you can't grow your business without growing personally.
You have to become the kind of person that attracts the results you want. The results that you don't have yet. That means you have to become someone else.
You have to be a different person than you are today.
8 Steps to Get You Started
Here are some ideas to get you started on your inner game of entrepreneurship:
- Don’t let the past anchor you down. Whatever success or failure you’ve had in the past does not define your future.
- Define success as a journey. You can’t fix yourself or your business in a day, week, month or year. It’s a never-ending journey.
- Accept that your business must grow or die. You and your business are growing or shrinking. Because of market forces and competitors, it’s not possible to stay where you are.
- Before you set things right, you need to SEE things right. Gather all the information available before making decisions.
- Spend time on the things that matter. List ten things you need to do today. Two of them will matter. Spend time on those two.
- Make a stop-doing list. There are jobs in your business that you should not be doing. Create this list and delegate or simply stop doing them.
- Consider what it would take to attract superstar employees. You first have to become the leader that superstars will want to follow.
- Delegate, delegate, delegate. Don’t dump work on people. Empower your team through proper delegation.
While some of these ideas can be implemented today, others are about changing your perspective. This is the mental challenge you must take on to grow yourself and your business. The inner game is a journey that requires dedication, time, energy, and honesty.
Next: Keep Learning
The Inner Game of Entrepreneurship is Larry Janesky’s inspiring and practical leadership workshop that was recorded in front of a live audience of 100 business owners. It is available online for purchase.
The School of Entrepreneurship is Larry Janesky’s online leadership coaching program. This is the same leadership coaching that was only previously available through Larry’s Contractor Nation dealership networks. Now available to start for Free online.
The Highest Calling. Start with a fun, but informative read or listen! The Highest Calling is Larry’s award-winning novel about the highs, lows, and eventual triumph of a home improvement contractor. Super-special pricing here!
Illuminations on Leadership. A Free weekly video series from Larry Janesky. Illuminations will inspire you with ideas on leadership and self-betterment. Sign up here for FREE.